LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 7, 2021) — We’re rolling into some of the greatest days of the 12 months for biking and scooting on campus. As summer warmth presents way to additional reasonable temperatures, these alternatives deliver a best way to love and examine the Univerisity of Kentucky.
Biking @ United kingdom
If you’re new to campus, you’ll discover that British isles is incredibly bicycle-pleasant, with a massive assortment of assets accessible for cyclists. Explore all of them by visiting Transportation Services’ website and discovering why United kingdom has been referred to as the “Most Bicycle Welcoming School in America” by Bicycling magazine. Down below are just a handful of of the cycling sources out there to you:
- An on-campus bicycle shop — Wildcat Wheels — manned by experienced pupils who can assistance with upkeep difficulties for free!
- Free bicycle rental alternatives, in case you never own your individual bike.
- Bicycle racks located outdoors virtually just about every building on campus.
- A bike pieces vending machine featuring well known pieces, positioned just inside of the Wildcat Wheels shop in Blazer Dining.
- Diy Take care of-It stations scattered in the course of campus.
- A secure Indoor Bike Room with showers and a Do it yourself Fix-It station, found inside of the Healthier Kentucky Research Building.
- Activities and giveaways! Observe Wildcat Wheels on Facebook or sign up for the e-e-newsletter to obtain out about future social gatherings or biking swag.
Scooting @ United kingdom
E-scooters (electrical scooters) are continue to comparatively new to campus but are getting in reputation. Uk selected Chicken as its favored e-scooter seller, which usually means that the firm deploys and redistributes scooters on campus. At only $1 to unlock, in addition 15 cents for every moment, they’re a somewhat minimal-value way to vacation.
Are you new to Birding? Take a look at the e-scooter webpage to learn anything you need to know to get began.
Observe the Guidelines of the Highway
When biking or scooting, generally training caution when interacting with other bicyclists, pedestrians and other motorized vehicles. United kingdom has a official policy outlining appropriate usage and the university’s expectations, so consider a couple minutes to read the policy and to also evaluate the basic safety and means data.
A person of the most essential principles when biking or scooting is to generally yield to pedestrians. This signifies slow down and scoot about to go a person on foot and always give audible warning. Be well mannered! Dismount to pass when sidewalks are crowded or narrow. Equally bikes and e-scooters are prohibited in properties and on elevated pedestrian walkways.
When driving on the road, adhere to the exact principles you would if you were driving a vehicle.
Parking Bikes and E-scooters on Campus
Don’t danger impoundment! Both of those bikes and Birds have to be parked thoroughly. This implies that they ought to be parked possibly at bike racks or in shared mobility places and they can’t hamper ingress or egress to properties or impair accessibility on sidewalks.
Bikes should really by no means be chained to trees, and both of those bikes and scooters simply cannot be put adjacent to or affixed to constructions or architectural elements these as handrails, fences, bus shelters, benches, gentle poles, signage or parking meters.
When parking your bicycle, constantly keep in mind to secure it with a high security lock, these types of as a U-lock.
If you have queries about biking or scooting on campus, e-mail British isles Transportation Products and services at [email protected]. Signal up for Bike E-news to get all the most up-to-date facts and abide by Transportation Services on Twitter @UKParking and on Fb @UKWildcatWheels.