The SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship system supports the most promising Canadian new PhD graduates in the social sciences and humanities, and help them in setting up a study foundation at an significant time in their investigation occupations. The awards are tenable at Canadian or foreign universities and exploration establishments.
SSHRC has just declared its latest cohort of 160 freshly minted PhDs. In between May 2022 and January 2023, 15 of people students will go after their postdoc research at McGill:
- Shuaib Ally: “How did Pre-Modern-day Ottoman Scholars Interpret the Quran? Marginal Indexing Notes to the Supercommentary of Shihab al-Din al-Khafaji (1069/1659) on Baydawi’s (719/1319) Lights”
- Tya Collins: “Black University student Encounters after Exclusive Education: Knowledge the Intersections of Incapacity, Race and Language, and Resisting Structural Inequalities in Quebec”
- Daniel Del Gobbo: “Restorative Justice Revisionism: The Problem of Transformative Justice for LGBTQ2 Peoples in Canada”
- Sujaya Dhanvantari: “Theorizing the psychic trauma of racialized and colonized peoples: phenomenological and psychiatric strategies for the analyze of trauma in Frantz Fanon’s writings (1952-1961)”
- Emily G. Doucet: “Mobile Images: Photographic Formats and the Postal Assistance, 1870-1945”
- Catherine Giroux: “Social media use in education and learning and know-how mobilization: A blended strategies research to tell instruction techniques for the duration of COVID-19”
- Delbar M.S. Khakzad: “The Politics of Time in the Present day Shi’i Eschatology: Forgetting as a System of Power”
- Lauren A. Kilgour: “Challenges to Implementing Law enforcement Accountability: A Sociolegal Evaluation of Police Entire body Cameras in the United States, 2004-Present”
- Zoey A. Lavallee: “Rethinking Social Responsibility for Habit from a Relational Autonomy Perspective
- Camille Marquis Bissonnette: “Lutter contre le terrorisme tout en protégeant les personnes migrantes vulnérables : incursions et limites de la lutte antiterroriste sur le régime de defense des réfugiés”
- Alexandra Matte-Landry: “L’évolution du fonctionnement des enfants en scenario de vulnérabilité dans le cadre de leur suivi au Garage à musique, centre de pédiatrie sociale en communauté soutenant la résilience”
- Fernanda Pérez-Gay Juárez: “Fiction and cultural viewpoint having, from social categorizaition to Concept of Mind”
- Jasmine Pisapia: “Aesthetics and Environmental Disaster: A Sensory Ethnography of Southern Italy’s ‘Landscapes of Crisis’”
- Maxime Polleri: “Citizen science and COVID-19: Governing well being through the pandemic era”
- Kascindra I.S. Shewan: “Popular Tradition as Pedagogy: The Purpose of Representations of Sexualized Violence in Prevention Programs”
The fellowships are valued at $45,000 for each calendar year, up to a whole of $90,000. All fifteen of the McGill students attained greatest funding. The stipends are developed to support to recent PhD graduates who are conducting and publish authentic exploration, broadening their training expertise, and making ready for investigation-intensive careers in and further than academia.
The SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships are a crucial pillar of the federal government’s Expertise plan, with an aim to foster “the development of talented and inventive folks who will grow to be leaders throughout campuses and communities, and, thereby as a consequence, lead to Canada’s achievements in the globalized 21st century.”
10 Interactive Science Education Websites For Grades K-12
APA Format: What Is It Really?
Postmodernism Is the Genesis of Contemporary Conspiracy Theory