As the CAT Exam for 2022 is approaching, candidates need to be extremely clear about the section-wise preparation. Questions are based on topics from Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning , Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension. As a first step, a candidate must cover the sectional topics with a significant weightage. Read through the entire article to know more about the DILR section in the exam.
How to prepare for CAT Data interpretation and logical reasoning?
One of the three sections in the exam is Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. The DILR section is a crucial part of the test that boosts your score. The primary objective of the data interpretation questions is to determine the candidate’s ability to evaluate data and make decisions regarding various situations. Questions from Tables, Charts, Venn Diagrams, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs and Caselets dominate the data interpretation section. The DILR segment of the CAT Exam is primarily viewed as a game-changing section, which consists of quite lengthy sets and questions. In the CAT 2021 paper, 20 questions were based on DILR. This section is very important for the exam. However, attempting the questions with much precision and accuracy will make the questions easily solvable. Also, Solving past year papers will give you a clear understanding on how to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT. To improve your score in DILR, it’s always a smart option to answer the questions accurately. In a nutshell, A strategic approach is essential to get through the DILR section with a good score. Listed below are a few expert tips which will help you in the DILR preparation:
- Set a strict time limit for answering your questions and attempt to finish as many as possible inside that time frame.
- As you continue your DILR preparation, don’t forget to keep track of the shortcuts and solutions you use to solve a problem. These notes will be of great help during your weekly revision.
- A significant aspect of mastering this part of DILR is identifying and selecting the right sets to solve and eliminate those you shouldn’t solve.
- Practise many mock tests and past year question papers; this will help you become familiar with the question type and pattern.
- When you find yourself stuck on a question after a few minutes, the best thing to do is move on to the next set of questions in the section.
- Solve brain teasers, riddles, and crossword puzzles to improve your logical reasoning and other exam segments.
What is the Syllabus for DILR in the CAT Exam ?
In addition to Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning is an important component of the DILR section. Candidates will be assessed on the basis of their logical reasoning and thinking abilities in this section. The Logical reasoning section consists of questions from Calendars, Clocks, Number and Letter Series, Venn Diagrams, Blood Relation Binary Logic, Cubes, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, etc.
During the initial stages of your CAT preparation, it is very important to devise a clear-cut strategy on how to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT.Apart from the guidance provided, it is essential to understand that time management plays a crucial role in a highly competitive exam like the CAT. Otherwise, the DILR section is easier to master when you have your basics strong and practise consistently.